YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Tired Teacher: Some things I will NOT miss about my job



In no particular order, I will not miss:

* Waking up ridiculously early
*Going to bed ridiculously early
*Spending hours on a substitute plan just so I can take one day off
*Eating lunch with one hand while I tutor and correct things with the other
*Saying and doing the EXACT SAME THING 6 times in a row
*Angry parents
*Disciplining other people's kids
*Seriously angry parents
* Having to explain MYSELF when a kid makes a bad grade
*Working in a profession where grades are more important than learning
*Forced faculty devotions- is there anything more awkward than being forced to pray with coworkers?
*Mass emails- and the ever dreaded Mass RESPONSE Emails
*Grading
*Trying to put on a creative, entertaining, 90 minute show EVER CLASS (X 6) unless the masses get bored- more bread and circuses!!!
*Faking more energy than I've ever actually had

There will be mucho that I do miss, and I will write about that too. But today is an Ode to all that will blissfully fade away in 5 little weeks . . .
And so, any former teachers out there? What are some things you are glad you left behind in your classroom days?

4 comments:

  1. i love this post because it's all true for me too, minus faculty devotionals! I do not miss B*tchy cheerleaders, Booster Club meetings, car washes on MY weekends, every Friday night taken up in the fall, almost falling asleep every morning drive, forcing myself to drink faculty lounge coffee, eating in faculty lounges, and my number one reason: Not being able to go to the bathroom when I need to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bathroom thing is huge!! I can't believe I forgot to mention that- maybe I'm already trying to black it from my mind

      Delete
  2. Can I name names? Kidding. Unless... nah!

    I do not miss research paper "season." I do not miss cold soccer season! I do not miss open house, especially when I worked too far from home to take a break at mi case.

    But I do miss you! And we didn't get to bring dinner. How about one day this coming week or next? I'll call you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to hang out! Call me anytime- I'm pretty free these days

      Delete