YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, April 27, 2012

Friday Should's

What you should:

Read:



I mentioned that I was reading The Narnia Collection, and when my mom was in town, she was reading The Narnian by Alan Jacobs. It's part CS Lewis biography and part literary analysis. Jacobs shows how the events and people in Lewis's life made their way into The Narnia Series. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading about the life of Jack (as he was called by friends and family), and it's made the Narnia series all the more dear to me!

See:




Is anyone else nerdily excited about seeing this?! Maybe it's 8 years worth of reading Poe stories with my students, or maybe it's reminding me of my rather unhealthy love of Poe poetry in high school (that then evolved into a very cliched love of Sylvia Plath), but for whatever reason, I'm really looking forward to seeing this- therefore, it will be terrible . . .

Cook:




The lovely Bitten Word fellows recently posted what their "Go To" dishes are- the ones they make over and over again, and their Chicken and Israeli Couscous with Tomatoes and Lemons made the list! And since I still have a few lemons left over, this would be perfect! Imagine a bowl of this with a crispy salad with vinaigrette!

Visit:





For all my Houston friendlies, this weekend would be a great chance to see The Titanic Exhibit at The Museum of Natural Science. Maybe not the most uplifting of all choices, but I'm sure it is fascinating. I'm going to try and make this happen, if I can make it sound fun to James . . . maybe I should mention there will be topless pictures of Kate Winslet??

This weekend we will be celebrating lots of birthdays! We will go to dinner with our sweet friend Liz Daniel, and also head out to Cypress to play with our sweet nephew, Luke, as he turns the big 1!!

I am absolutely thrilled with the weather right now, and I hope we can be outside as much as possible. And this has been a rough week- the first one back after a week off for surgery, and I've basically been itching for Friday afternoon since Monday morning- eek.  So here's to a weekend full of sun, sleep, and laughs! Cheers!


2 comments:

  1. I've still never read the Narnia series. Your rec might just be the push to do it this summer especially in combo with The Narnian. And Momma loves her couscous over here. I see a must try in my future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should read them to the bebe! You are never too young to enjoy Narnia.

      Delete