YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, April 23, 2012

Our Weekend: Springy Scenes

I was feeling so much better by Friday and more than ready to break loose from the house and have some fun! Fortunately, the weather, and our friends, happily obliged to make it a lovely time!

Friday Night



James's best friend from childhood, Michael Pope, and his lovely wife April, were in town this weekend from Idaho Falls. Michael is ridiculously funny, and every time we hang out my stomach always hurts from laughing. I'm so glad that James got to spend some time with his friend- it makes me wish I could have all our favorite people in Houston!




Tate also came out for some drinks and laughs. Of course he had a hardcore workout scheduled for early Saturday morning, so he only stayed for a bit.




Do I detect a smidgen of "Serial Killer Face" here? He's looking a tad lurky . . . or am I starting to overthink it?




Saturday Night

Saturday was absolutely gorgeous! There was actually a cool snap, and here I thought we were already permanently entrenched in 90 degree and above weather. We spent most of the day outside and for dinner made our way over to Brenner's on the Bayou. We scored a great little area right near the bayou and enjoyed wine and steaks while the sun set. Perfection!




I love that Liz is still in town! Every time I see her, I pretend that she's here to stay and won't ever have to go back to nasty old Scotland. Disclaimer- no offense Scotland. I'm sure you're awesome- just give me back my friends!


 

Matt and Mel- aren't they pretty together? And they'll kick your butt at all sorts of sports. But here they are looking all classy and sweet.




I feel like this spring, more than others, is such a perfect representation of new beginnings, and I love that I get to spend it with so many funny, kind, loyal friends. Here's hoping for quite a few more weekends like this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment