YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Can't Wait for Tate!!


Meet Tate, one of my favorite people. Here's what I love about Tate, in no particular order . . .

1. He went to high school and college with J- I love when boys are loyal, longtime friends- it's so endearing!
2. He is unbelievably fashion-forward and appreciates a good outfit!
3. He is kind. As in, he would do anything for the people he loves and is generous with his time- he will be there for you!
4. He's an excellent trip planner. J and I know this first-hand after traipsing around Cali with him 3 years ago, and we looking forward to a May Hill Country adventure with Tate again at the helm!
5. He always knows where you can find a cool concert. Tate has helped raise my hipster stock immeasurably.
6. The boy can cook. Oh my dear sweet lawd, can the boy cook! And that brings us to today's topic:





Sunday Dinners at Tate's

These have become a tradition over the past few years. About once a month, give or take, Tate has a few unbelievably lucky people over on Sunday night to help him sample whatever culinary concoction has recently caught his fancy.
These dinners involve lots o' wine, gourmet ingredients, and usually a little too much hilarious truth-telling between friends. But what happens at Tate Dinner stays at Tate Dinner . . . except for this:

This past Sunday's meal was hands-down one of my favorites. And that is really saying something, my friends! Tate is the master of the short rib, and much like Captain Ahab with his mythical whale, Tate is always on the lookout for the next best in short rib dishes. And last night's was out o' the ol' ballpark!

Tate generously shared this short rib and potato alchemy with Mel and me, and I know bequeath it to you, gentle reader, and you're welcome:



Dublin Dr. Pepper Braised Short Ribs with Queso Fresco Corn Whipped Potatoes and Caramelized Tobacco Onions

And, since he is a true artist, Tate had a few tweaks, which I plan to follow to the T:

Mods:

· Used boneless ribs

· Added lots of garlic

· Subbed Chipotles for Ancho

· Only did 2C Dr. P

· Omitted smoked & Spanish onions

· Added red pepper flakes

· Only used 1qt chicken stock

Suggestions

· Go easy on salt / pepper early on in all steps – there’s a decent amount in the stock, etc. & it can be added later.

Happy cooking!

2 comments:

  1. I love Tate too! That meal looks amazing. I'll add to the list, he's so genuine...not to mention a hottie! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang right! And if you ever make this, me come over

    ReplyDelete