YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Sseko's For Summer!

One of the things I love about my bestie Liz is her uncanny ability to find the newest and coolest in trends, clothes, foods, and just about anything else. So of course I was all year when she was here last weekend and told me about her newest find. Last time she was in New Orleans, Liz found some fun summer sandals in a little boutique in the French Quarter . . .







The sandals are called Sseko (say-ko) and they are pretty rad! The idea is that you buy one pair of soles, and then the straps separately, allowing you to mix and match without having to buy a whole new pair of shoes.




And the website has youtube tutorials that teach you different ways to tie the straps for different looks! Right now they have 10(!) different tutorials!



But the best part is Sseko employees women in Uganda to help make the straps therefore providing them with stable income and access to medical care and education.

With so many options, it was hard to choose, but I finally picked two:




I chose this fun pinstriped color called The Starboard. I think they would be perfect with crisp red shorts or white summer dresses.



And under their "Wedding Line" I found these Umbre Beige beauties, that are just gorgeous! And wouldn't these make lovely bridesmaid gifts?

Anyhew, if you are in the market for some fun summer sandals, these just might fit the bill! Can't wait to get mine!

1 comment: