YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

That's a Spiiicy Meatball! Pinterest Style

Sunday night J and I went to the grocery and drank beer and also bought a few food items (might as well, right?). J is out of town most of the week at a work conference, so I asked what he would like for his last meal before a week of 4 star hotel buffet breakfasts and Morton's Steakhouse Dinners- that poor fellow!
But in keeping with my resolution to make some of the bajillion recipes on my Pinterest board, I asked him to pick something from my recipe board that he wanted. It took him all of 5 seconds to zero in on Cup Of Jo's Best Meatballs You'll Ever Have.



Fast forward to last night and our meatball experience. First of all, and most important for me, these were very easy to make! The chopping and hand-mixing of ground meat would probably be the hardest parts, and I used my Cuisinart chopper and had no aversion to mixing the meat with my hands, so it was pretty painless.
Once you roll the meatballs, you can drop them directly into the spaghetti sauce for 30 minutes or so and that's it!




For the spaghetti sauce, I used our favorite, the Napa Valley Bistro "Arrabbiata" flavor. It's spicy and tasty- me love lots.




The sauce is great on it's own, but since I had some leftover onions, garlic, and sage from the meatballs, I sauteed the LO's in some olive oil before adding the spaghetti sauce.




I was worried that the meatballs would fall apart when I dropped them into the sauce, but it worked out just fine. I used a cooking spoon to place them in the bubbling sauce and then used the same spoon to ladle the sauce over them. I set the timer for 30 minutes and then drank wine and watched Real Housewives of . . . does it even matter at this point?




I boiled some pasta and sauteed some leftover spinach I had from last week and then topped it with meatballs and sauce. I meant to take a "pretty" picture, but in my excitement, I forgot, so this is the best I got. But if that turns you off, here's another professional Cup Of Jo picture to assure you how delicious this meal really is:



Even if mine didn't look this good, they tasted amazing! They were sweet and just a bit spicy and not overcooked at all, and the meat flavor only improved the sauce!



I think this picture speaks for itself- he was a fan. He also ate 7 of the 10 meatballs and then collapsed in a meaty, saucy coma- that's how I like the last night to go whenever he's about to leave town. Odds are he won't eat again until Thursday. Sorry Morton's!

So make 'em. They're easy and scrumptious! Here's the link to the recipe one more time:

A Cup Of Jo: The Best Meatballs You'll Ever Have

I Did Make A Few Changes:

* I halved the recipe and still ended up freezing about half the meat mixture.
*I left out the parsley- just forgot about it, but they were perfect without it, so I don't think I'd add it next time.
*I left out the veal- once again, they were great without it.
*Used regular Paprika, not Smoked
*My meat was a little too soft when I added the milk and eggs, so I stuck it in the freezer for 5 minutes before forming the meatballs.

Happy cooking! Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. James ate a lot?? You ARE magical! Looks yumz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Twas good! You should make! Definitely James Approved!

      Delete