YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Definitely Define

I started going to Define classes this past December. Liz's friend Sami, who is in ridiculous shape, had just become an instructor at the Tanglewood location, and Liz asked if I wanted to come with her to Sami's class. Now, let me first tell you, gentle reader, that I am by no means a fitness fiend. Besides the required high school PE classes of yore, I did not exercise. I mean it. At least not on purpose. My fitness regime, if you can call it that, only started about 2 years ago. And even now, I have a very sporadic relationship with exercise.

But I do like to try new things, and so I naively agreed to try the Define class, thinking that a little aerobics class would at least get the blood pumping. Wow. By the end of class I was a puddle of sweat, sore muscle, and probably a few tears.

I was also hooked. Define classes are divided up into 15 minute intervals- arms, thighs, glutes, abs. I like only focusing on one area for a short time and then knowing you will be moving on just when you think you can't take it anymore. I love using the bar- it makes be feel like a ballerina- a graceless, sweaty one, but all the same. I also like the feel of the studio- imagine Lululemon meets Nordstroms. It feels as dainty and pretty as a work out place can.


 (most certainly not me)

Not that that means it's easy. It most certainly is one of the most challenging workouts I've ever done. But I also see results. You know that part in Knocked Up, when Katherine Heigl finds out she's going to be on screen at E News and her boss tells her that legally they can't ask her to lose weight, but they want her to "tighten"? That's how I feel at Define.

So, this will probably be the first and last time I ever write about exercise on this very "in no ways a fitness" blog, but I did want to share my experience, and if that in any way sounds like something you want to try, I also wanted to share this great deal:


Tidbits Treats has a great deal where you can get a 10-pack of Define classes for only $80! The package is worth $180, so it's a steal! I bought it yesterday, and I can use it at my leisure anytime from now til August.
They have 4 studio locations and you can easily register online. Also, they have all the equipment, so all you need to do is show up!


So if you are looking for a new workout to spice up your routine, or just want an excuse to wear your ridiculously overpriced yoga pants outside of the house, I highly recommend giving Define a whirl, and then we can get queso and margaritas after . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment