YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, May 11, 2012

Friday Shoulds

What you should:

Read:





Want to know what all this Game of Thrones hub bub is about? Don't have time to read 1,000+ pages? Well, the graphic novel might be for you. Even J, who does not read fiction, said he would like to read the GN version.





I think it would also be oh so helpful to see the characters, therefore making it easier to keep all the houses separate.  When I was reading the book, I spent just as much time on Wikipedia looking up the different characters and houses. Where were you, Graphic Novel?!

See:






Everyone is all excited about this First Position movie, and I also want seen it. But before we all get swept up in the uplifting (slightly corny) American version, we need to rewatch, or watch, Ballerina. This fantastic documentary follows the lives of 5 Russian dancers. And over there, ballet is LEGIT- want to escape your life of poverty? Besides coming to America, or marrying a wealthy czar (do they still have those?) ballet might be your only option- so DANCE, FOOL, DANCE!!! FOR YOUR LIFE!!!- not really, but it still seems rather stressful. I LOVED this documentary and plan to watch it again before I see First Position.

Cook:








I've been on a real Alice Waters kick for over the past year. Obviously, I don't have my own lush vegetable garden growing out of our downtown condo, so I'm certainly not 100% a Waters disciple, but I love love love her Art Of Simple Food cookbook, and I've made 2(!) recipes from it just this past week (please pardon my excitement- these days if I can muster up anything more than pouring milk into instant macaroni to give it that "extra flavor", it's a miracle.)
Anyhew, I found this recipe for her Chez Panisse Eggplant, Caramelized Onion and Tomato Pasta which is from another of her cookbooks, but I am definitely going to give it a try next week. Whole Foods is overwhelmed with tasty summer veggies right now, so I think this would be a perfect time to try out this concoction. I'll keep you posted.

Do:






 Take your mama out to lunch! That's what you need to do! Actually, J and I are going to The Hill Country this wknd with Tate (more on that next week), so we won't be able to celebrate with J's lovely mother until sometime next week. And with my mama in Orlando, we are very motherless this weekend- maybe we can pick up a hitch hiking mother to shower with affection? But until we are reunited, my mom and I can look at this special picture of the two of us and reminisce:





 Ah, Glamour Shots- binding mother and daughter together forever in rhinestones, big hair, and awkwardly placed hand poses. I love you Mom, and I wouldn't want to relive 90's bandwagon shame with anyone else!

So here's hoping you, gentle reader, have a weekend full of mimosas, mamas, and maybe a nap or 2, or 5. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment