YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, May 21, 2012

Pictures from the Weekend

Friday

Friday we met Matt, Mel, Elizabeth, and M&M's friends Sara and Matt for dinner at The Grove before heading over to Verizon Theater for the Snow Patrol concert. Here are some pictures of the night!



The food at The Grove is nothing too special, but their views of lovely Discovery Green are fantastic! And its walking distance from our place- bonus!




Besides that one "Chasing Cars" hit they had a few years ago, Snow Patrol was an unknown entity to me. But I gotta say the concert was laidback, the lead singer was witty, and the music was fun and mellow. I've got to get us to more concerts- they make me feel young again!

Saturday

Around lunchtime we headed out to Cypress to "help" Jonathan and Magen move into their gorgeous new house! I use the term "help" ironically, because there wasn't so much helping going on as there was day drinking and playing with the babies. But James did manage to help Jonathan put together the dining room table. It was also a great opportunity for me to take lots and lots of pictures of Luke's scrumptiously chunky bebe legs!




Look at these 3 strapping fellows working hard! That's going to be one sturdy table when they are done with it!




Luke looks like he has some serious doubts about his Uncle J's craftsmanship skills. Every project needs a good overseer!




These pictures just kill me. This little baby turning into a little man- be still my heart! Before long he will be able to walk, then run away from all my squeezes and kisses. Magen and I were talking about how it's much harder to watch Luke grow up than Audrey.
Maybe because Audrey was the first, but it's been such a joy to watch her grow. Her changes are fascinating- such a miracle! And I'm always thrilled to see her newest accomplishment.
But it's different with Luke- he's our chubby, cuddly, sweet-natured little man. I just want him to stay that way forever!




Also, I love love love love love watching J with these two. He has a such a patient, light-hearted, funny way with them! And they love him back (not that you can tell from Luke's face)! He and Audrey have a special bond. I didn't get any pictures of it, but while waiting for our table at dinner, James spent the entire 30+ minutes playing with Audrey in the outdoor, hot, children's jungle gym. It was a treasure to watch!

Sunday

Sunday was a lazy day involving church, a movie matinee (girls, The Avengers is not terrible- you can make it through!) and then some patio drinking at Flying Saucer with Elizabeth and James's friend from work, Chris Pratt.





This weekend was just what we needed after our crazy one in the Hill Country. It was great to sleep in late, hang out on the couch with family, eat and drink with friends, and to feel rested and ready for the week by Sunday night. And it's certainly going to be a busy week, so here's hoping we are charged up enough to make it through . . .
Oh, and did I mention that this is my LAST MONDAY WORKDAY EVER?! yep, that does not feel terrible.





No comments:

Post a Comment