YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Current Playlist

I get bored very easily. It is a character flaw. I think it is also what makes me a great 9th grade teacher. I have the attention span of a 14 year old ADHD boy. I'm sure friends think I'm rude when I interrupt mid-sentence or start fiddling with something- but I really am listening! I just can't slow this brain down! But I'm trying to work on it- I'll be 30(!) in December, and it's time I learned to F-O-C-U-S . . . after I stop teaching. Lately, all my resolutions have been pushed back til after school ends. I'm sure that will work out great.
But one of the many downsides to a short attention span involves music. I can only hear a song 2, maybe 3 times before I am sick of it. But like a dog or small child, I get really excited about, if the song goes away for awhile and then reappears! Yay! Brand new song!


I run at Memorial Park a couple of times a week, and it takes me about 9-10 songs to make it around the 3 mile loop (maybe "shuffle" would be a better verb than "run"), and if I plan to finish the loop, my music better keep me interested. Bad, boring, slow, music is my exercise kryptonite, and if my playlist is not up to standards, odds are I won't make it a mile before crumpling into a ball and wailing until some kindly joggers carry me back to my air conditioned car. This actually hasn't happened yet, but never say never.



 And that was a lot of writing to get down to sharing this: Here's my current exercise playlist in case you are
a.) interested
b.) need some music inspiration or
c.) killing time during a work meeting and have already read the blog about your 2nd cousin's fourth kid who recently learned how to eat solid foods.

MUZEEK

1. Princess of China- Coldplay and Rihanna
2. Kyoto- Skrillex
3. Where Have You Been- Rihanna
4. Some Nights- Fun.
5. Where Do You Go- No Mercy
6. Lights- Ellie Goulding
7. Glad You Came- The Wanted
8. I Wanna Dance With Somebody- Whitney Houston
9. Brokenhearted- Karmin
10. How Can We Be Lovers - Michael Bolton (this song is the only that stands the test of time. It's always on my running playlist and never fails to inspire. It's also great for karaoke! However, the drunker and sloppier, the better.)




 Sooo, since I will be over these songs (except for Michael's) by this Friday, send me some of your favorite high-energy numbers! Me wants them!

And now for your viewing pleasure, a photo collection of Michael Bolton during his 90's heydays at the peak of his mullety best . . .







And you are very welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment