YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, May 18, 2012

Friday Shoulds

What you should:

Read:



 A girlfriend at work recommended this book to me after I was "venting" about some issues J and I had in the communication department. I prefer the term "venting" to "husband bashing", a little more PC, no?
I'm about halfway through it, and I will say, so much of the advice in this book has been helpful, and I think that's saying a lot for a "self-help" type of book, when I tend to find they veer to the emotional side of the issue- this book is based on years of scientific data from studying actual married couples, some who made it, and some who didn't.  So you get specific tips on what NOT to do in addition on what does work.
Even if your marriage is in pretty good shape, there are lots of tips in here about how to make it better. It also reminds you what an important thing strong communication is in ANY relationship. There are also little questionnaires along the way that you both can take and then compare notes. That in itself can lead to a great conversation!

See:




Have y'all heard (he he) about "Sound of My Voice"? As someone who is OBSESSED with the idea of cults, this movie instantly appealed to me.
According to Fandango, the movie is about: "Peter (Christopher Denham) and Lorna (Nicole Vicius), a couple and documentary filmmaking team, infiltrate a mysterious group led by an enigmatic young woman named Maggie (Brit Marling). Intent on exposing her as a charlatan and freeing the followers from her grip, Peter and Lorna start to question their objective and each other as they unravel the secrets of Maggie's underworld."
Does this sound interesting to anyone else? Or it is just time for me to seek some help? Here's the link to the trailer if you want to check it out!

Cook:

Today, the section is dedicated to all my fellow pinners, who are constantly coveting the delicious foods they see, but never actually making them! So far I've pinned 194(!) recipes and I've made . . . 0 as in 0- the shame wounds deeply.
So here are three recipes from my "Belly" board that look so good that I might finally cave and actually print out the durn recipes (one step at a time, folks):




How about some Caramelized Scallops with Strawberry Salsa?
I've bought a couple of batches of the most gorgeous strawberries at Whole Foods lately. Tis' the season for berries of all sorts, and combined with my favorite nautical dish, this little meal might actually happen at the Chenoweth house!




I love everything about this option. It's easy, it's avocado, it's runny eggs, and it's easy.
We are big "breakfast for dinner" kind of folks . . . if breakfast also involves vodka sodas, so I can definitely see us whipping this up with a side of bacon some night soon.




And for dessert, how about a piece, or 7, of some dark chocolate with pistachios, dried fruit, and sea salt?
I read somewhere that if you are craving chocolate, it means that you really need nuts. Well, I'm not about to give up chocolate, but nuts are more than welcome to join us!
And once again, this looks scary easy . . . scary as in "I think instead of going through all the work of making that meal, I'll just throw together some dark chocolate squares for dinner . . . again."

Do:



If you are looking for something to do with your Friday night in Houston, may I suggest tonight's Screen On The Green? Tonight at 8:30, Discovery Green park will set up their big ol' movie screen and show E.T. for free! There will even be an 80's cover band playing hits from 1982, the same year the movie was released! And did I mention that it's free??
So grab your big blanket and pick up your favorite sandwiches and bottled beverages and head on over for some XL 80's nostalgia!

So here's hoping for a weekend of summer berries, favorite old school movies, and good conversations with your favorite people! Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment