YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Spring Break Prep


One of many emotions I will miss about teaching is the anticipation before Spring Break. Nothing makes you more appreciative of free time than not having much of it. Hence, the buildup around a week off during lovely weather . . .

So as I sit at work, counting down these last few days until freedom, the easiest way to make the time pass, besides actually teaching, is to make lists.

And today's lists consists of the "must haves" before James and I head to San Juan this Saturday.

Let's start with the man of the hour. The guy who makes all of this possible. What does it take for J to have a good ol' time?The first would be sunscreen and lots of it! This is the guy that once wound up in the hospital due to staying outside for one, that's right, ONE hour without sunscreen. He will never make that mistake again, not on my watch- mama's not spending SB in the San Juan ER.


Pina Coladas and lots of em! James will order these at any time. Seriously, he's ordered them at work functions in the middle of February. Fortunately, we are going to the birthplace of this tasty treat, so James should have no problem sucking them down.


So with a little sun protection and a fruity drink, you get one happy vacationer. A fedora and Hawaiian Longhorn-Themed shirt will also be useful.

And what do I need in order to make it a nice lil trip? Well, here ya go:



First up, give me a pair o' comfy, yet stylish, walking shoes. Odds are we will be traipsing all over lovely PR in search of as many Pina Coladas as possible, so I best wear my walking shoes!



And I will also need as many loose-fitting, brightly colored, easy breezy dresses as will fit in my suitcase. I especially love my cobalt colored beach dress from VS. Ugh, but isn't this just the worst pic of me? My hair is a mess! And why do I always do that seductive skirt-hike thing?! It's a cry for attention, is what it is.


The added benefit of cute beach clothes is how well they go from day to night! Much better than I do- "The sun's going down?! Bed! Quick! I need at least 11 hours!!"


And one thing we will not be taking to PR:

My biggest fear is that he would escape while we are there and within months that pretty little island would be infested with barky, pushy, little dogs running about in aggressive and surprisingly well-organized gangs.

3 comments:

  1. You know I dig the Longhorn-themed Hawaiian shirt. It really makes the PiƱa Colada look masculine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Longhorn Hawaiian shirts make everything better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could go and wear an LSU Hawaiian shirt.

    ReplyDelete