YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Scenes From A Sweet Time

Every week since the fall, I leave work, usually tired and a bit cranky, and drive over to Libba's house. All of a sudden I feel better. I walk into a serene little oasis where I get wrapped in hugs and showered in smiles and cheerful words.

It's a precious time swirled in everything I really love about having girlfriends: compassionate conversations, lots of laughing, connections full of understanding, and helpful advice.

Here are a few pictures from our time together yesterday:




Saona, Scout, and Libba singing to Anne's melodious voice and guitar. Such a wonderful way to unwind from the worries of the day.





Scout! Scarlet! Nuggie! The newest, and tiniest, member of our little group. She's not so sure whether or not to really join. She's on a trial basis.



Lovely L and Scout. Everyone wants a turn with the little one, and Auntie L is a big fan.



Some of Libba's lovely artwork. This caught my eye this morning, as it was hanging out in the change dish in our kitchen. Such a nice promise to start the day with!

2 comments:

  1. This post makes me smile. What a haven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you, girl! I can't wait til school's over and I have oodles of free time! We need to reconnect fo sho

    ReplyDelete