YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, March 9, 2012

Spring Break Prep II: Book Worm


Recipe for happiness: book + water + sun = well, happiness.

And in just a few short hours I hope to find myself entrenched in just that formula. But when packing for a trip, I am always amazed at the amount of space and weight books take up. This is mostly because I cannot just pack one book. That's like packing one pair of shoes (have I lost any male readers at this point?)- impossible!

So how to solve this monumental problem?



Thanks to this little beauty, and the protective case that keeps it safe from my clumsy hands, I can pack books like Whitney packed cocaine! Too soon?

But with so many choices come great responsibility, especially at $10+ a pop! So what to read? Here are the 3 top choices who made it to my carousel (kindle term, sorry if you don't get it- loser).


I meant to start A Visit From The Goon Squad after we got to PR, but at this point I'm already 65% through it (more Kindle terms). It's basically a collection of incredibly well-written short stories with all intermingling characters.




Someone recommended Fifty Shades of Grey awhile back. It's the story of a naive college student who falls for an older, mysterious man with some darrrrk secrets- a la 9 1/2 Weeks. I heard it's pretty saucy! [Hmm . . . since this original post I've had a chance to read a bit o' this tale, and well . . . let's just put it this way- if this is the kind of book you read and say, "Wow! What a literary feat! How challenging it must've been for the author to paint such a lovely picture of truly debauched, sadomasochistic behavior!" To you, dear reader, I say, I've moved on to other, less controversial(?) literature, but you read away! Just don't worry about inviting me to any of your book clubs]

And for yet another, uplifting, beach-side read, I've also downloaded Nothing to Envy: Ordinary Lives in North Korea. This one also comes highly recommended, and I hope will help keep me from completely sliding down the slippery slope of tawdry romance novels.

So I have high hopes for lots of leisurely reading while I'm away, and I'll be back next week with a vacay recap- Happy Spring Break!

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment