YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, March 19, 2012

Puerto Rico, Courtesy of the Iphone


On our way! I wouldn't have minded a layover at one of these pretty little places. Assuming there would be tropical beverages and a landing strip, of course.








I could've spent the entire week just exploring Old Town San Juan. It was dripping in color, an enticing blend of energy and history, and is full of some of the best food I've ever had. And James is a fan since it's the birthplace of the Pina Colada.










A catamaran tour of some gorgeous islands was right up my alley. By the way, if anyone is interested in opening up a catamaran touring company, please let me know. I'd be happy to swab the deck.










America's oldest fort! As a girl, I wasn't too thrilled at first about traipsing around this ol' thing. But it was actually incredibly beautiful, and if it wasn't for the tropical storm gusts o' wind and steep cliffs, it would be a great wedding location. I'm sure that's what Spanish invaders were thinking.








Our home away from home. Not too shabby!






A special vacation gift from my favorite guy.




James always dresses business-casual, even for rainforest zip-lining.




We are shy and don't like to ask other people to take our picture, so we end up with lots o' closeups . . .









Tour Bacardi Rum factory- free drinks and outside seats are hard to beat! Plus, we learned how to make a "true" daiquiri!



Local cuisine is muy bueno! Bonus- anything served in a coconut is automatically perfect.

So thanks Puerto Rico! We think you are just fabulous. Don't change a thing, and we will see you again soon!

xoxo,

James and Karen (and our Iphones)

2 comments:

  1. i think Josh wishes I was a little MORE shy and STOPPED asking people to take our pics, hehe

    Glad you had fun and GOLD STAR J on the bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! We need to man up and ask! Close-ups are so pointless- you can't even tell where we are!

    ReplyDelete