YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

lip service

Sometimes it's hard to love summer, at least this is true of Houston summers. Summer here lasts about 11.5 months with average temps around 115. The heat invites a lot of its friends, including mosquitos, humidity, and mind-numbing headaches.

I swear I have reverse-seasonal depression. Everything northerners hate about the tough winters- the isolation, the unending sameness, I feel that about the summer.

But one of the pluses of the heat and sun is the tan! And with a tan comes the need for less makeup- just enough to highlight your golden glow.


My typical summer makeup regime consists of a little face powder, mascara, and lipstick. And I am so excited that vibrant, bold lips are back in style!

There is something about a bright smile that is lovely, no matter what time of year! Here are the two lipsticks I use and swear by:


For the easiest and prettiest color, get yourself a tube of Medieval by Lipstick Queen. This lipstick is actually based on a medieval recipe designed to bring out the natural glow of a woman's lips!
It looks a little bit differently on everyone, but the color is always bright, beautiful and natural! Plus it is uber-light, and I put it on like chap-stick.



For dressier, bolder occasions than the everyday, I reach for my Chanel Velvet #37 "L,exuberante"- this fuschia matte looks gorgeous- don't be shy to try it! It also makes your teeth look whiter and your eyes look bigger, and it might even burn calories for all I know!


So come on and join me in summer of colorful puckers! Besides, from gossiping to kissing to wine-sipping-everything is more fun with bright lips!

2 comments: