YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Big Year, Big Changes: Part I- Oh Baby!

So it's been a couple of months. So sorry about that! But as most of you know, I've been busy growing a human lately. That's right, James and I have a little one on the way! I'm currently 25 weeks (6ish months) along, and our baby is due around May 27th.


Here we are at about 20 weeks. Am I glowing yet? I'm certainly bloating at least!


We found out we were expecting at the beginning of September, and managed to keep it a secret til about Christmas. We also planned to not find out the gender, but we caved and found out it's a:





GIRL!!! We are over the moon! We truly thought it was a boy for some reason, so when we found out she's a she, we were ecstatic!

Here's our little flower girl as of 24 weeks. She was not interested in having her picture taken, but you can see one chubby cheek as well as a cute hand and fingers:

I know, these used to freak me out before I was preggo, so I'm not offended if you find her a little weird to look it, but I can stop staring. I just can't wait to meet her.

There have been two other big life changes lately that I plan to write about, but this little one is obviously the most important. 

Later I'm going to share my thoughts on pregnancy, but since those are not quite as uplifting (it's basically like being trapped at a TJ Maxx after just receiving a colonoscopy), let's just let this little post end on a happy note for now. We are truly blessed to be on this crazy ride, and we do appreciate it so much after what we've been through. It's hard to believe just this time last year we weren't sure if we would be able to have kids, and now I can feel her kicking away as I write this! 

We love you baby!

3 comments:

  1. Karen!!! This post makes me so happy! I can't wait to see that sweet angel in your arms. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another sweet, precious granddaughter to hold and hug, May can't come soon enough! Karen, Mom and I are praying for you everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AND, thanks for blogging again. I very much missed it!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete