YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Tiny Moment

One of my many (many) goals for this season of retirement, is making sure I carve out time for meditation, prayer, and journaling. You'd think it would be an easy goal since I also seem to have time to watch 3 episodes of RHONJ back to back, but not so much.
Setting aside time to just be still, is probably one of the most challenging parts of my day. So to help, I've set up a little nook in our bedroom.
It's just an old coffee table that I've pushed against the window. There is no room for a chair, and it is literally wedged between our dressers, so it involves me crawling on my knees to get there. But that is another part of its charm.
And I do feel hidden away in this corner, and all I have is the view of sky out the window and a few books, journals, and flowers on my "desk."
Like everything else about this stage of life, it's a bit uncomfortable, new, and bare. But it is quickly becoming one of my favorite places.


Do you have a hiding place that helps you step away from the world for awhile? Where do you go when you need to get away for a bit?


1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful space for this. I need to create something. I feel like all of the areas where I try to "escape' hold too many distractions!

    ReplyDelete