YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

BRC & Me

Last night we put on some nice duds and headed over to one of our favorite restaurants, BRC, for a 5 course dinner that paired each course with a different beer from the local Karbach brewery.

In case you had any doubt what BRC stands for, please see the picture below of me standing in front of their mascot:


Hmm, it's big, it's red, and it's a  . . . yep! You got it! It's a chicken. A.Big.Red.Chicken. There couldn't possibly be anymore to it than that. Ok, I'll stop now.

The menu for the evening looked very promising. BRC is known for it's comfort food, and their signature item is their cheddar-bacon biscuits topped with chicken fried steak and gravy. So obviously they also try to be as health conscious as possible.
Anyhew, as you can see, the menu certainly got us excited about the tasty treats ahead:


But I'z gotta say, the food was rather underwhelming. It was good, but not great. I think part of the problem was that they veered so far from what they normally serve. None of these items are part of their regular menu.
I appreciate that they tried some different items, but I found myself wishing for that good ol' biscuits and gravy dish.
But there were some highlights, including this little fried ball of loveliness:


See that little sugared darling on the right? That was a pretty spectacular apple fritter, who I gobbled before we could even be properly introduced.
And that guy on the left? He's a beer float, as in root beer float's older, more flirtatious cousin.

We also had some great company to enjoy this fun little experiment with:



Mel and Tate came out as well. Matt missed out, because he was being a nerd at his MBA night class. Loser.


It was a great night. And I hope I didn't come across too harsh about BRC. I LOVE that place! I love it so much I even made their facebook page while sharing drinks with girlfriends . . .


 . . . at 2:37 in the afternoon. But don't judge- by my book it's still summer vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment